Property Manager-West Properties
Accepting Applications Until 2/15/19
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
The West Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation and oversight of our West Minneapolis Portfolio including 125 apartment home units. These properties provide permanent, affordable housing for families and individuals, some of whom have experienced homelessness and/or are living with a disability or other significant barrier to stable housing.
For over 40 years, PPL has created housing and stabilized neighborhoods by working with nonprofit partners, neighborhood groups, and agencies to build or renovate nearly 2,000 affordable housing units. Today, PPL owns or manages a portfolio of more than 1,500 units of affordable or supportive housing throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
Other responsibilities will include tasks and/or oversight in the following areas:
• Leasing & orientation of new residents
• Rent and/or subsidy collection
• Facilities management
• Non-maintenance contracting
• Site inspections
• Financial reporting/budgeting/compliance
• Responsible for supervising Assistant Property Managers and a Maintenance Site Technician
• Hiring and overseeing performance of caretakers
• Supervising property management trainees and/or work-study students as assigned.
• Financial analysis skills
• One to three years property management experience including compliance, budgeting and financial reporting basics
• Excellent, culturally appropriate communication skills, both written and verbal
• Understanding of populations facing multiple barriers to finding and keeping housing
• Strong problem solving ability
• Knowledge of low income housing funding mechanisms
• Familiarity with supportive-service housing environments
• Regular access to reliable and insured transportation
• Valid driver’s license
Minimum Technology Qualifications:
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications and Yardi
Education and/or Experience:
• Housing, Urban Development, Social Work, Sociology or related post-secondary course work a plus;
• Non-profit work experience preferred;
• Or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties satisfactory.
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $19.00-$20.00, DOQ
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.