Property Manager-East Properties
Accepting Applications Until 4/26/19
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
The Property Manager-East is responsible for the day-to-day operation and oversight of our St. Paul Portfolio including 213 apartment home units. These properties provide permanent, affordable housing for families and individuals, some of whom have experienced homelessness and/or are living with a disability or other significant barrier to stable housing. This portfolio has varying subsidy programs including Section 42, Section 8, And GRH. This position will work closely with the East Portfolio Manager and the Assistant Property Manager-East.
This position will oversee the lease-up of PPL’s newest supportive housing campus slated to open in late 2019 into early 2020. This supportive housing campus will provide housing and services to Native American young adults experiencing homelessness and will consist of 42 units of housing.
For over 40 years, PPL has created housing and stabilized neighborhoods by working with nonprofit partners, neighborhood groups, and agencies to build or renovate nearly 2,000 affordable housing units. Today, PPL owns or manages a portfolio of more than 1,500 units of affordable or supportive housing throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
Other responsibilities will include tasks and/or oversight in the following areas:
- Marketing & Leasing
- Rent and/or subsidy collection
- Facilities management
- Non-maintenance contracting
- Site inspections
- Financial reporting/budgeting
- Proficient in spreadsheet and property management software
- Financial analysis skills
- Knowledge of property management, budgeting, and financial reporting
- Excellent communication skills, written, and oral
- Familiarity with low income housing funding mechanisms, including operating subsidy programs (LIHTC, HOME, Section 8, GRH, etc.)
- Experience in affordable housing compliance preferred
- Strong problem solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record as determined by our insurance carrier, reliable transportation, and valid auto insurance
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree in Housing, Business, Property Management, or a related field; or demonstrated competence in Property Management
- 2-4 years of experience in Property Management
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties satisfactory.
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.