Accepting Applications Until August 16th
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
This position is responsible for the over-all management and oversight of PPL’s affordable housing regulatory compliance. Programs include, but are not limited to, the following:
Section 42 (Housing Tax Credits), HOME, NSP (Neighborhood Stabilization Funds), MARIF, AHIF, CDBG, MHOP (Minneapolis Housing Opportunities), GRH, Section 8, SHP, Hennepin County Transitional Subsidy, HOPWA, Shelter Plus Care, Hennepin County Continuum of Care, Housing Trust Funds and Deferred Loans and other project based or tenant rental assistance programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the organization of compliance task schedules and processes and the tracking of compliance activities at the site level
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of compliance information; identify and report issues in compliance performance at the site level
- Develop and maintain tracking tools, spreadsheets, forms and general resources
- Develop a comprehensive regulatory program file for each property and utilize periodic in-house file audits to track consistency
- Monitor PPL’s compliance with the requirements for leasing, recertification, rent calculation, record retention and submission of reports for each compliance program and each property
- Manage submission of all agency-required compliance reporting, ensuring timeliness and accuracy
- Manage compliance team; responsible for hiring, training, motivating, supporting and evaluating performance
- Maintain bi-monthly Compliance news letter
- Monitor Compliance Dashboard development and maintenance
- Maintain Yardi Affordable software; ensure function and property set-up of all affordable properties and layers
- Act as primary liaison between PPL and external partners; coordinating inspections, responding to file review findings and staying abreast of changes within program rules
- Support collaborative working relationships with other PPL departments (development, SSP, etc.)
- Supervise the administration rental and operating subsidy programs
- Identify compliance training needs of all PMD staff; prepare resource and training materials for each site office and provide or recommend resources for training of staff as appropriate, ensuring all staff have the compliance resources needed in order to perform their job
- Provide input in PMD staff performance evaluations with regard to program compliance
- Participate in the development and/or acquisition of new properties to ensure that PPL is fully prepared to manage the compliance requirements of the property. Serve as essential member of Lease-Up Team, directing activities related to eligibility and leasing
This position supervises a team of three compliance specialists, one compliance coordinator, and an occasional work study student or intern.
- Proficient in Yardi property management software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel
- Financial analysis skills
- Knowledge of real estate financing; accounting and a high degree of competency managing affordable housing compliance
- Familiarity with low-income housing funding mechanisms, including operating subsidy programs and compliance related issues
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail and accuracy
- Ability to effectively train staff in compliance-related issues and to track their performance effectively
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS degree in Housing or related field
- Three to five years of experience in affordable housing compliance
Benefits: Benefits will include Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; “Summer Hours” – shortened work day on Fridays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $68,000-$70,000, DOQ
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.