Resident Relations Assistant
Accepting Applications Until September 20th, 2019
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
The Property Management Resident Relations Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Property Management Team and will be working directly with the Portfolio Manager, Assistant Property Manager, and Facilities Specialist.
Specific regular assignments may include assisting with rent processing activities and monthly reports; statistical research; organizing files and copying, responding to tenant calls and updating information.
For over 40 years, PPL has created housing and stabilized neighborhoods by working with nonprofit partners, neighborhood groups, and agencies to build or renovate nearly 2,000 affordable housing units. Today, PPL owns or manages a portfolio of more than 1,500 units of affordable or supportive housing throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform office support tasks such as filing, mass mailings, photocopying, and collating.
- Assist Assistant/Property Managers with answering phones, resident relations, rent collections, and compliance processing.
- Assist Facilities Specialist with scheduling inspections and work order processing.
- Assist with production of periodic departmental reports.
- Respond to and track inquiries from all callers, visitors, staff members or residents and handle follow-up in a timely, friendly and professional manner. (Maintain a Traffic Log).
- Write detailed receipts from residents for rent payments.
- Enter new Work Order requests from residents and/or staff.
- Order and maintain inventory of site office supplies.
- Understand, endorse and support the mission of PPL.
- Comply with strict confidentiality guidelines for working with residents’ personal and/or financial information.
- Preference will be given to individuals who are fluent in Somali.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and to be a great team player.
- Dependable and responsible.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills!
- Willingness to ask questions when unsure.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, Internet, and Outlook.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently on assigned projects.
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate in work.
- Valid MN driver’s license and own transportation a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years property management or customer service
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $16.00-$16.50/hr. DOQ
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.