Assistant Property Manager - Downtown View
Accepting Applications until 10/11/2019
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
Responsible for assisting the Touchstone/Downtown View Property Manager with the day-to-day operations of a brand new supportive housing campus for young people experiencing homelessness and consisting of 46 units of housing. This person will be part of a team that is also responsible for management of an additional supportive housing site in Minneapolis for adults living with Serious and Persistent Mental Illness (40 units.)
This portfolio contains layered subsidy programs (including Section 42, HOPWA, Section 8, GRH and Hennepin County Transitional Subsidy) and the incumbent will be responsible for mastering the day to day operations of income certification and other compliance-related tasks.
Other responsibilities will include tasks in the following areas: leasing & orientation of new residents, rent and/or subsidy collection, managing housekeeping, grounds maintenance and curb appeal, non-maintenance contracting and site inspections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Miscellaneous property management tasks:
- Keep occupancy, vacancy, turnover and related data current in Yardi database.
- Complete income certification and recertification of residents in a timely, accurate manner; document income certification in manner designated by PPL Compliance Manager;
- Answer and route telephone calls and miscellaneous questions from residents, partners, other PPL employees, monitoring agents, neighbors and the general public, and provide customer service in a friendly, respectful and competent way.
- Assist PM with rent collection activities.
- Assist with data entry of compliance reports in Excel & Yardi spreadsheets;
- Assist with collecting and organizing compliance resource and referral materials for Touchstone portfolio;
- Interaction with residents and service staff regarding compliance documentation;
- Responsible for generating some basic reports including the preparation of responses to agency file audit reports;
- Maintain organized resident and property files
- Monitor delinquent rents and fees, support property manager in taking appropriate action to collect rents and fees;
- Review, allocate, and code utility and vendor bills for designated services;
- Provide support in budget process and information for designated line items;
- Review monthly property financial reports and assist property manager with creation of monthly Manager’s Notes or other monitoring reports
Property Conditions and Operations
- Maintain appearance of properties to the best possible advantage within available resources, and coordinate inspections, maintenance and apartment turns with Site Technician;
- Walk properties daily inside and out and advise PM or MT of serious problems;
- Coordinate inspections, access to units, and other property access;
- Perform related administrative duties
May direct work study students or interns from time to time
- Financial analysis skills.
- Knowledge of Property Management, budgeting, and financial reporting.
- Experience in affordable housing compliance preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong problem solving ability
- Familiarity with low income housing funding mechanisms, including operating subsidy programs.
- Familiarity with supportive-service housing environments
Minimum Technology Qualifications
Ability to use:
- Spreadsheet and accounting software
- Office equipment including telephone and voicemail systems, copier, printer, fax machine and scanner, “smart “phone
- MS Word, Outlook and Yardi
- The Internet and electronic timecard system
- Computer Network (files, drives, and folders)
Education and/or Experience
- Demonstrated competence in Property Management. Related post secondary course work a plus.
- 1-2 years experience in general customer service, property management, real estate, or other closely related field.
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties satisfactory.
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $16-$19/hr, DOQ
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.