Director of Property Management Operations
Accepting applications until December 6, 2019.
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative, affordable housing and employment readiness services.
The Director of Property Management Operations will lead and make recommendations in the creation of departmental strategies, operational procedures, and policy development within the guidelines of the quality standards, operating objectives, and goals established by Project for Pride in Living. The Director of Property Management Operations will leverage their proficiency in housing programs, Yardi systems, and management development to establish, maintain and oversee management systems to help ensure the Leadership Team and organization is achieving its goals of providing permanent, affordable housing to individuals and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with Senior Director with design and analysis of departmental management systems, processes, and tasks to support growth, ensure financial viability and improve services to internal and external customers.
- Member of the PMD Leadership Team whose collective responsibility is to oversee operations and performance of the PMD Department and, especially, to recommend, implement, and create oversight to improvements to strengthen performance and management capacity
- Member of the PMD Budget Team whose collective responsibility is to prepare the annual property budgets and to provide budget information research and data-entry support.
- Contributes to the design, coordination, and monitoring of departmental goals, policies and procedures and development of the annual work plan
- Leads our New Employee Task Force in the design and monitoring of a training and education plan for every new PMD hire
- Responsible for overseeing effective and consistent implementation of policy and procedures across the department, including maintenance and facilities management.
- Responsible for implementation, integration, and maximization of Yardi software to drive efficiency for the department (including residential, payscan, rent café, e-learning, and other Yardi modules)
- Create systems for Yardi oversight and implement checks and balances for accuracy in maintaining data integrity
- Prepare and implement a tax credit delivery schedule for communities in lease-up or rehab
- Research current, new, and proposed program regulatory requirements to determine the impact on the organization
- Provide analysis, post-award services, and oversight of specific compliance program award requirements
- Partner with real estate development and asset management in the complex layering of funding sources; to include assistance and guidance in the preparation of documents for the development of funding applications
- Responsible for the review of management agreements and management plans; provide analysis, oversight, and corrections as circumstances arise
- Lead the PMD Leadership in a plan to re-organize the PMD “K” drive and to standardize the forms used by site staff
- Maintain, update, and disseminate Staff and Properties List and Phone Lists.
- Provides great customer service, both internal and external and assists Senior Director with setting up a process for monitoring inquiries from the public on the new PPL Housing Interest List.
- Performs related administrative duties.
- Performs other duties as directed/assigned.
Responsible for direct supervision of compliance team and division administrative assistant.
- Set employee goals and objectives; review, evaluate, and monitor staff performance
- Plan and create staff professional development and team building activities and opportunities to include all aspects of property management, such as management activities, program compliance, and Yardi use.
Qualifications and Credentials
- Computer literacy: fluent in MS Office Suite with the ability to create Xcel spreadsheets and to design fillable forms for property management functions.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Financial analysis skills in property management financial review.
- Excellent organizational skills are proven in past professional experience.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in program compliance required and three years’ experience with Yardi systems; familiarity with SQL preferred.
- AA or BA/BS degree.
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties satisfactorily.
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $65-75,000.00 DOQ
How to Apply: Qualified candidates can apply online with a cover letter and resume.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.