Property Manager- East Portfolio
Accepting applications until December 6th, 2019
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
The Property Manager is responsible for day-to-day operations of 171 current affordable and supportive units (3 properties, with varying subsidy programs including Section 42, Section 8, and GRH) in St. Paul alongside the Portfolio Manager and ADY Property Manager. Duties will include marketing, leasing, income certification and recertification, rent collection, managing janitorial/ grounds maintenance and curb appeal, non-maintenance contracting and site inspections.
Must maintain a close working relationship with site-based and other service providers.
Primary responsibilities will include tasks and/or oversight in the following areas:
- Marketing & Leasing
- Rent and/or subsidy collection
- Facilities management
- Non-maintenance contracting
- Site inspections
- Financial reporting/budgeting
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate degree in Housing, Business, Property Management, or a related field; or demonstrated competence in Property Management
- 2-4 years of experience in Property Management
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties satisfactory.
- Proficient in spreadsheet and property management software
- Financial analysis skills
- Knowledge of property management, budgeting, and financial reporting
- Excellent communication skills, written, and oral
- Familiarity with low income housing funding mechanisms, including operating subsidy programs (LIHTC, HOME, Section 8, GRH, etc.)
- Experience in affordable housing compliance preferred
- Strong problem solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record as determined by our insurance carrier, reliable transportation, and valid auto insurance
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates can apply online with a cover letter and resume.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.