Assistant Property Manager- Saint Paul
Accepting applications until filled.
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative, affordable housing and employment readiness services.
We are in search of an outstanding Assistant Property Manager to join our Property Management team. This position assists the St. Paul Portfolio Manager and St. Paul Property Manager with the day-to-day operationsof about 124 affordable and supportive units, including 31 supportive units (4properties) in St. Paul, MN. The St. Paul portfolio contains varying subsidyprograms (including Section 42, Section 8, and GRH).
The essential functions of this job include responsibility for mastering the day-to-day operations of income certification and other compliance-related tasks while maintaining a close working relationship with site-based and other service providers. The Assistant Property Manager will assist the Property Manager in the management of the following functional duties: marketing,leasing, rent collection, managing janitorial/grounds maintenance and curb appeal, non-maintenance contracting, and site inspections.
To successfully perform the functions of this job, the ideal candidate will have financial analysis and budgeting skills and experience working with low-income housing funding mechanisms, including operating in subsidy programs supportive-housing environments.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Complete income certification and recertification of residents in accordance with compliance requirements. Assist with data entry of compliance reports in Excel & Yardi spreadsheets;
- Assist with collecting and organizing compliance resource and referral materials for East portfolio including generating some basic reports and responses to agency file audit reports;
- Maintain organized resident and property files
- Monitor delinquent rents and fees, and support the property manager in taking appropriate action to collect rents and fees;
- Review, allocate, and code utility and vendor bills for designated services;
- Review monthly property financial reports and assist the property manager with the creation of monthly Manager’s Notes or other monitoring reports
Property Conditions and Operations:
- Maintain the appearance of properties and coordinate inspections, maintenance, and apartment turns with Site Technician;
- Advise Property Manager or Maintenance Technician of serious problems;
- Perform related administrative duties.
Miscellaneous property management tasks:
- Maintain accurate data of residents' occupancy, vacancy, and turnover.
- Answer and route telephone calls and miscellaneous questions from residents, partners, other PPL employees, monitoring agents, neighbors, and the general public, and provide customer service in a friendly, respectful and competent way.
May direct work-study students or interns from time to time.
- Associate degree in Housing, Business, Property Management, or a related field; or demonstrated competency in Property Management.
- 1-2 years of experience in general customer service, property management, real estate, or another closely related field.
- Knowledge of property management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in affordable housing compliance preferred.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record as determined by our insurance carrier, reliable transportation, and valid auto insurance.
- Experience working with, and supporting persons of diverse racial-ethnic, social-economic, religious, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and or health-related backgrounds.
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Paid Parental Leave; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match; Summer half-day Fridays; an impactful presence in an organization that makes a difference in many lives.
Salary/Wage: $17.00-$17.50/hr., DOQ
How to Apply: Qualified candidates can apply with a cover letter and resume.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.