Assistant Property Manager-Downtown View
Accepting Applications Until filled.
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative, affordable housing and employment readiness services.
PPL is in search of an outstanding Assistant Property Manager to join its Property Management team. This role assists the Touchstone/Downtown View Property Manager with the day-to-day operations of two supportive housing buildings. These units are each managed in partnership with outside agencies targeting specific special needs populations; people living with SPMI and young people experiencing homelessness.
This portfolio contains layered subsidy programs (including Section 42, HOPWA, Section 8, GRH, and Hennepin County Transitional Subsidy) and the incumbent will be responsible for mastering the day-to-day operations of income certification and other compliance-related tasks.
The responsibilities of this job include mastering the day-to-day operations of income certification and other compliance-related tasks and maintaining a close working relationship with site-based and other service providers. Additional responsibilities will include duties in the following areas: leasing & orientation of new residents, rent and subsidy collection, housekeeping, grounds maintenance and curb appeal, non-maintenance contracting, and site inspections. This portfolio is substantially layered with subsidy programs,
The ideal Assistant Property Manager is personable and comfortable working with persons of diverse backgrounds. The preferred candidate has attention to detail, is familiar with financial analysis, has budgeting skills, and has experience working with low-income housing funding mechanisms, including operating in subsidy programs supportive-housing environments.
Now is a great time to join our growing team of property management professionals as we increase housing production, strengthen resident stability through supportive services, and cultivate and implement an effective housing management strategy.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Complete income certification and recertification of residents by following compliance requirements. Assist with data entry of compliance reports in Excel & Yardi spreadsheets;
- Assist with collecting and organizing compliance resource and referral materials for the portfolio including generating some basic reports and responses to agency file audit reports;
- Maintain organized resident and property files;
- Monitor delinquent rents and fees, and support the property manager in taking appropriate action to collect rents and fees;
- Review, allocate, and code utility and vendor bills for designated services;
- Review monthly property financial reports and assist the property manager with the creation of monthly Manager's Notes or other monitoring reports;
- Maintain the appearance of properties, and coordinate inspections, maintenance, and apartment turns with Site Technician;
- Advise Property Manager or Maintenance Technician of serious problems;
- Perform related administrative duties;
- Maintain accurate data of residents' occupancy, vacancy, and turnover;
- Answer and route telephone calls and miscellaneous questions from residents, partners, other PPL employees, monitoring agents, neighbors, and the general public, and provide customer service in a friendly, respectful and competent way.
A detailed job description is available upon request or when selected for the next phase of the hiring process.
May direct work-study students or interns from time to time.
- Demonstrated competence in Property Management. Related post-secondary course work a plus.
- 1-2 years experience in general customer service, property management, real estate, or other closely related fields.
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties satisfactorily.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in affordable housing compliance preferred.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Financial analysis skills.
- Knowledge of Property Management, budgeting, and financial reporting
- Proficient organizational and customer service skills.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record as determined by our insurance carrier, reliable transportation, and valid auto insurance.
- Experience working with and supporting persons of diverse racial-ethnic, social-economic, religious, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and or health-related backgrounds.
Employer-sponsored health & dental insurance; employer-paid short & long term disability insurance, life insurance, and paid parental leave. Voluntary life insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) retirement plan with employer match; summer half-day Fridays; an impactful presence in an organization that makes a difference in many lives.
Salary/Wages: $17.00-$18.50/hr., DOQ
Some temporary remote work is available during COVID-19, but you may need to go on-site from time to time. Safety measures are in place at all PPL sites.
Qualified candidates can apply online via this link https://www.ppl-inc.org/careers. Include a cover letter and resume.
The hiring process includes phone screens and virtual/ in-person interviews, references, and background checks for final candidates.PPL strives to be an equitable and inclusive organization committed to elevating the voices of the communities we serve that are disproportionately affected by systemic inequities. Persons of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Questions about the position can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.