Accepting Applicants Until 2/12/18
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
The Caretaker for our north properties will be working in North Minneapolis and will be responsible for the day-to-day cleanliness and light maintenance. The north properties consist of 27 small buildings that provide integrated services to individuals with low-income achieve their goals of self-sufficiency and housing stability. The Caretaker will be responsible for providing a safe, well-kept property for residents to live as they work towards these goals.
This position offers valuable experience to applicants interested in pursuing a career in Property Management or to those that are just starting out in their career and are looking for opportunities to improve their Property Management skills and knowledge.
Other responsibilities will include tasks and/or oversight in the following areas:
• Clean and maintain all public areas, storage areas, and administrative areas within the properties
• Timely turn-over of all vacant apartment homes after residents move out
• Prepare and complete final touch-ups on apartment homes prior to new resident move in
• Dust, vacuum, and overall maintenance of all public areas, hallways, community rooms, and other assigned space
• Light maintenance as needed, i.e. changing lightbulbs or smoke detector batteries
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• A minimum of 6 months of housekeeping experience.
• Customer service experience, positive attitude, and excellent work ethic.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
• The ability to pass a criminal background check
• Have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and no more than 3 moving violations within the last 3 years.
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.