Director of Information Technology
Accepting Applicants Until 3/16/18
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
In this role, the Director of Information Technology will provide oversight of the IT infrastructure, provisioning, planning, installation and operations. This individual will be responsible for managing system hardware, network infrastructure, operating systems, and technology procedures that adhere to our organizations goals, as well as provide insight and support for the organization’s software and data management needs.
The Director will also manage the relationship and contract with our third party IT co-management partner, who helps ensure our systems and network infrastructure are functioning as intended. The overall role will enable partners and staff to effectively use technology tools to advance their work with minimal disruption. This individual reports directly to the Vice President of Operations/CFO and will be a part of PPL’s leadership team – a group of the top 20 leaders in the organization.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Plans and implements additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure organization-wide in coordination with PPL Leadership.
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization.
- Builds and establishes relationships with vendors in conjunction with PPL Leadership including managing the contract and partnership with our external IT co-management partner.
- Identifies security vulnerabilities and eliminate them with strategic solutions that increase data safety in conjunction with our co-management partner,
- Anticipates future network needs, collaborates with our co-management partner to identify proactive solutions to satisfy needs.
- Oversees the planning and management of the organization’s telephone system and manages organization wide upgrade efforts.
- Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas.
- Oversees the management of the organization help desk activities and resolves escalated issues if necessary.
- Continually defines ways to increase internal customer satisfaction and deepen those relationships, including overseeing organization-wide training to maximize use of end-user hardware and core software.
- Oversees all IT related purchasing and budget usage; works with CFO to develop budgets.
- Provides support to program staff with third party software contracts.
- Assesses, approves, and administers all hardware and infrastructure upgrades.
- Partners with program management across the organization to implement software and data management solutions.
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing internal client operations, applications, and programming, reviewing objectives with clients and evaluating current systems.
- Provide insight into the changing database storage and utilization requirements for the organization and offer suggestions for solutions.
- This position has several direct reports.
- Exercises staff oversight to ensure new operation plans, policies, procedures, and transition/migration plans are consistent with the overall organizational goals and objectives.
- Assigns tasks to staff that give them an opportunity to grow.
- Holds responsibility of IT staffing and budgeting projections for PPL.
- 6+ years’ management experience in an IT environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in programming, computer science or related field.
- Proven leadership and success in engagement and collaboration at the individual and organizational levels, and strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage and influence others.
- Commitment to racial equity and disparity reduction and understanding of the needs of low-income communities we serve.
- Demonstrated ability to manage to an outcomes-based approach; proven experience of outreach and collaboration, managing to outcomes, and developing and using data to inform continuous improvement and decision-making.
- Operational management and capacity building, including the ability to effectively build organizational and staff capacity, including the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly and achieves outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
Benefits: Benefits will include Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $70,000-$80,000, DOQ (Salaried)
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.