Project Coordinator Intern
Accepting Applicants Until 4/20/18
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
The Project Coordinator Intern will be responsible for the coordination of various aspects of the real estate development of both single and multi-family housing projects. This position will assist the Project Managers and Senior Project Managers in areas such as financing, construction, and marketing in order to achieve PPL’s mission.
PPL develops and sustains quality, affordable housing for lower-income families and individuals through new construction, renovation, and management. For over 40 years, PPL has created housing and stabilized neighborhoods by working with nonprofit partners, neighborhood groups, and agencies to build or renovate nearly 2,000 affordable housing units. Today, PPL owns or manages a portfolio of more than 1,300 units of affordable or supportive housing throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project Selection
- The Project Coordinator Intern is responsible for proposing and helping to evaluate appropriate properties, either empty lots for new construction or existing buildings for rehabilitation.
- Management of Project/Program Finances
- The Coordinator is responsible for developing a project budget, securing financing, and tracking costs and disbursements over the course of the project, under the direction of the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager.
- Construction Coordination/Monitoring and Entitlements
- The Coordinator is responsible for developing the scope of the construction work, soliciting bids, and monitoring the progress of the construction as well as working through the entitlement process for a property.
- Consultant Management
- The Coordinator is responsible for the management of various project consultants including Architects, Engineers, Appraisers, Attorneys, Real Estate Agents, and others as necessary.
- Overall Project/Program Administration
- The Coordinator is responsible for the administration and performance of a variety of other tasks relating to the progress of the project including obtaining governmental and neighborhood approvals, preparing funding applications, and providing documentation as is necessary for compliance with governmental requirements. Additionally, the Coordinator is responsible for programmatic administration associated with the Loan programs, including providing documentation for Minnesota Housing and data gathering associated with the various programs.
- The Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the marketing and sales of completed units including working with Real Estate Agents, buyers, the banks, closing company, and others.
- Ability to develop and maintain detailed statistical data and quantitative information and display financial analysis skill
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to represent the company to diverse constituencies.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations.
- Strong organizational capability.
- Housing finance and production experience.
- Working knowledge of single-family/multi-family construction and public works projects.
- Familiarity with Governmental Agencies and Programs relating to affordable housing a plus.
- The ability to drive a vehicle, must have current driver’s license and have proper auto insurance. Reliable transportation would be valuable, but not essential.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Construction, Finance, Real Estate or related field.
Salary: $15-$16/hr, DOQ
Hours: Full time for 10-12 weeks starting in Mid-May