Accepting Applicants Until 5/17/18
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
The Employment Specialist is responsible for providing training and case management to Employment Training participants. Assist participants with job preparedness skill building, follow-up services, career laddering, and other employment related activities to achieve and support PPL’s mission. This exciting position will oversee our Office Specialist III and the Public Sector Admin + programs. These programs partner with potential employers such as Hennepin County, State of MN, U of MN, City of St. Paul and others to place graduates of the programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist program participants with developing work readiness skills through classroom instruction and one-on-one coaching and support.
- Create and maintain the following paperwork: course syllabi, teaching schedules, room scheduling, guest speakers, program evaluations, daily participant evaluations, and curriculum manual and supplements.
- Assist Employment Training team with program intake and assessment as needed, including making final candidate selections for programming.
- Support recruitment and marketing outreach efforts by creating marketing materials, meeting regularly with team members, working with PPL business partners, and providing additional support as needed.
- Maintain accurate and precise case notes for all clients, including reporting on graduates at specified intervals using various online databases and detailed case notes.
- Provide on-going support and direction to clients in achieving work performance goals and handling problems as they arise, including providing intervention and referrals as needed.
- Develop and implement life and work skills curriculum for classes.
- Complete participant evaluations and performance reviews.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various business partners, educational facilities, area job training agencies, and other relevant referral or resource providers.
- Assist with all Employment Training programs as needed.
- Assist with training coordination of job shadowing placements, and mock interviewers as applicable.
- Maintain professional communications with program participants, employers, and co-workers.
- Meet weekly with Employment Training Manager to provide status updates and reports as needed.
- BA/BS degree in related field (additional experience may substitute for education).
- 2+ years’ experience in Employment Services or other closely related field.
- Strong desire to serve diverse cultures and adults with barriers.
- Strong facilitations skills
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliable transportation. Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a motor vehicle background check
Benefits: Benefits will include Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $19.23/hr, DOQ
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.