Family Services Coordinator
Accepting Applicants Until 6/22/2018
Hiring 1 position in Minneapolis
Hiring 1 position in St. Paul
Who We Are:
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
To support previously homeless families living in permanent supportive housing program with a dual diagnosis of mental health and chemical dependency, along with other barriers. Be a part of a team to help to support adults achieve their goals, strengthen their families, and develop relationships. This position provides case management to families from an empowerment approach, and focuses on prevention and intervention strategies to help families as they work toward self-sufficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordination of Direct Services:
- Participate in the intake process and selection of qualifying participants
- Develop, advocate for and implement a plan to locate and connect families to mainstream resources to stabilize the family on an ongoing basis for mental and chemical health needs
- Design individual plans and goals in partnership with each resident and family member that promotes individual development, mental and chemical recovery/relapse prevention, family stabilization and community participation
- Meet individually with residents weekly to monitor and record progress; update files monthly and/or more frequently if necessary
- Provide mentoring, on-going family support and crisis intervention when necessary
- Ensure all residents have a complete understanding and access to all services within the organization
- Must be available to work 1 evening per week
Records Retention and Team Participation:
- Create and maintain records on residents of the program for all internal and external reporting purposes while following company confidentiality and privacy policies
- Attend weekly team meetings to consult with the program staff and coordinate pertinent information
- Attend and occasionally facilitate monthly resident community meetings
- Prepare and produce quarterly program reports to the Program Director
- Utilize and keep current the participant tracking database
- Experience providing counseling, administer assessments, and using community resources
- Experience understanding and interpreting mental health assessments and diagnoses
- Experience working with and understanding low income communities and diverse populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to drive a vehicle, must have current driver’s license and have proper auto insurance
Minimum Technology Qualifications:
- Ability to use office equipment including telephone and voicemail systems, copier, printer, fax machine and scanner
- Ability to use MS Word, Outlook, Excel
- Ability to use the Internet, PPLnet (intranet), computer network, and electronic timecard system
- Previous experience with Community TechKnowledge or similar participant tracking database preferred
Education and/or Experience:
- Required Bachelor Degree in Human Services or Social Work or related field.
- 3-5 years of related experience in supportive housing, working with homeless families with dual diagnosis, and/or a combination of education and experience
- Experience providing appropriate services including education, prevention and intervention strategies for individuals and families with the diagnosis
- Previous experience and trained in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Skills is preferred
Benefits: Benefits will include Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $18.50-$21.00/hr., DOQ
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.