Career & Education Advancement Manager
Accepting Applications until 7/13/18.
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
Responsible for managing two programs- career and education advancement services and initiatives for the Career Pathways program and financial coaching and literacy services for the Financial Services program at the PPL Learning Center; which promotes economic advancement for individuals who are low income in order to increase long-term financial stability and assets. All programs and services utilize an integrated service approach and work closely with other staff members of the Learning Center and other PPL programs, as well as key external program and employer partners.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Oversee Career Pathways program design and management. The Career Pathways program includes providing Placement, Retention, Career Laddering Services and maintaining Post-Secondary Partnerships.
- Oversee Financial Services program including financial coaching services and financial literacy workshops.
- Maintain, convene, and work in collaboration with post-secondary education institutions and employer partners on program design, delivery, and implementation of services.
- Recruit, engage, and supervise staff, volunteers, work-study and interns to meet program goals.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on program data and evaluating outcome measurement. This includes managing and monitoring data entry into three mandated online databases – Workforce One, CTK Apricot and Salesforce.
- Responsible for successful program audits to ensure programs meet all compliance requirements per contract agreements by external government funders; additionally, work in partnership with Finance and Operations Manager on related financial audits
- Collaborate and participate across Employment Readiness programs in the areas of placement, retention, and data tracking
- Manage program budgets; ensure budget is on track with programming.
- Participate on the Employment Training Leadership team to ensure an effective service delivery model.
- Nurture the positive, strengths-based approach that partners with participants as they work toward self-sufficiency.
- Contribute to a workplace climate of mutual respect and treating others with dignity.
- Assist staff with maintaining accurate and precise tracking of client outcomes and results through paper files and online databases.
- Research market and job trends; keep current on relevant information that prepares participants for the world of work.
- This position will be responsible for the supervision of three Employment Specialists and two Financial Coaches.
- BA/BS degree in related field (additional education may substitute for experience).
- 4-5 years of experience in Employment Services, or other closely related field.
- Desired experience would be a combination of having both Education and Employment Services background
- Have at least 2-3 years of experience in staff supervision
- 1-2 years of experience with financial education desired
- Experience with detailed program development and management.
- Demonstrated leadership, organization, communication, management and project management skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record as determined by our insurance carrier, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation.
- Experience and desire to serve diverse cultures and adults with barriers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage government contracts and conduct reporting
- Experience with creating and maintaining a budget
- Experience in creating effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including but not limited to participants, employer partners, post-secondary educators, nonprofit agencies, City and County representatives.
- Experience with community programs and resources, Adult Basic Education services, employment services, financial services, and training programs.
- Experience with coaching, problem solving and providing crisis intervention.
Benefits: Benefits will include Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $45,000-$55,000/yr., DOQ
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.