Compliance Specialist I
Accepting Applications Until 6/22/18
PPL is more than just a place to work!
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive.
For over 40 years, PPL has created housing and stabilized neighborhoods throughout the Twin Cities metro area. Today, PPL serves more than 14,000 people annually and has a portfolio of more than 1,100 units of affordable and supportive housing with many more projects under active development and in concept phases.
As we continue to grow, we are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our missions to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
Affordable Housing Compliance Specialist
The Compliance Team within PPL’s Property Management Division (PMD) is excited to announce the opening of a new full-time (40 hour/week) Affordable Housing Compliance Specialist position. As a Compliance Specialist you will support a portfolio of properties in their day-to-day operations as it relates to the property’s affordable housing program rules and regulations and PPL’s correlated quality controls, policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform quality control review and approval of property manage generated resident file documentation and certification packets to ensure correct documentation, completion, and filing requirements are met.
- Prepare and submit monthly subsidy payment requests.
- Prepare and submit annual compliance project status reports
- Monitor and implement income, rent and utility allowance changes.
- Demonstrate accurate use software (such as Yardi) and maintain internal and external databases (such as PORT) which track compliance status of all programs.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive regulatory file for each property.
- Conduct quality assurance pre-inspection file audits and work with property management team members to correct deficiencies and assist with file audit responses.
- Assist in the on-boarding and training of new property management team members on compliance policies, procures and practices
- Conduct regular site visits for quality assurance evaluations and provide in the moment one-on-one training.
- Remain abreast of and adhere to federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they relate to housing program compliance and act as a resource to our on-site team members.
- Adhere to and stay abreast of changes in fair housing rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Demonstrate professionalism and integrity while representing PPL
- Minimum 2 years experience as an affordable housing compliance specialist, site manager, or assistant manager responsible for processing paperwork and regulation compliance for a low income multi-family housing property or properties.
- Must have knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC/Section 42), Project Based Section 8 or similar rental subsidy, HOME and/or Public Housing.
- Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) and or Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) preferred
- Excellent verbal/written communication and listening skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong problem solving ability.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to work independently according to specific directions and deadlines
- Proficient Microsoft Office experience required and Yardi experience preferred.
- Comfortable interacting with diverse population.
Benefits: Benefits will include Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $17.50-$19.50/hr, DOQ
PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.