Supportive Housing Case Manager
Accepting Applications Until June 22, 2018
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
Based in South Minneapolis, the Supportive Housing Case Manager will be responsible for providing case management and direct service focused on helping Housing Support (GRH) participants find and keep housing through assessment, plan development & monitoring, referrals, coordination, and advocacy. The individual in this position will use a Person-Centered and Harm Reduction approach to partner with participants from diverse communities who have experienced homelessness and behavioral health challenges. The Supportive Housing Case Manager will build positive relationships by meeting regularly with a caseload of individuals in their homes or in the surrounding community. Participants live in Hennepin County in PPL affordable housing apartments or with private landlords.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Engage with participants to assess their barriers and strengths to create a customized participant-driven housing stability plans
- Keep accurate and up to date documentation including but not limited to goal plans, case notes, incident reports, funder data, monthly orders, and receipts
- Collaborate with Housing Coordinator to support participants through the housing application process and provide transition services as they prepare to move-in and set up a home
- Connect households to resources such as security deposit assistance, household furnishings, basic needs and emergency assistance
- Provide services to help participants sustain tenancy including providing information on lease expectations, facilitating communication with property management, managing neighbor conflicts, paying rent on time, and addressing other behaviors that may jeopardize housing
- Utilize skills and community resources to provide crisis prevention and intervention
- Support participant health and wellness through connections to physical, mental health, and recovery resources
- Help participants navigate transportation needs, including bus tokens, gas cards, and driving residents to appointments in personal or PPL vehicle
- Assist participants with financial stability through accessing needed government benefits (MFIP, SSI, health coverage, child care), education, or employment
- Work with team and participants to plan and facilitate community building activities, resident meetings, and engagement within the community.
- BA/BS in Human Services, Social Work or a related field preferred; an Associate’s Degree and experience with target population may be considered
- Three to four years of experience providing services and case management to individuals or families with behavioral health challenges and/or in a supportive housing environment
- Ability to respond to the unique cultural, economic, social needs and resources of participants
- Strong group facilitation, mediation, interpersonal, organizational, and outreach skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries in all interactions with residents, staff, volunteers, and public
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize tasks, and have attention to detail
- Experience with Motivational Interviewing, Person-Centered, or DBT Skills a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of current insurance, a good driving record as determined by our insurance carrier, and a reliable vehicle
Benefits: Benefits will include Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.