Property Maintenance Technician I-Part-time, Weekdays
Accepting Applications Until 7/6/18
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
PPL is looking for Part-Time Maintenance Technicians to join our Property Management Team. With oversight from the Property Managers, this role is responsible for providing and performing maintenance tasks on PPL properties, buildings, and grounds.
For over 40 years, PPL has created housing and stabilized neighborhoods by working with nonprofit partners, neighborhood groups, and agencies to build or renovate nearly 2,000 affordable housing units. Today, PPL owns or manages a portfolio of more than 1,400 units of affordable or supportive housing throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Satisfy service requests promptly and efficiently as determined by assigned work orders, and as directed by the supervising Property Manager, following PPL policies and procedures, with a high orientation to customer service.
- Perform work orders for preventive maintenance, inspection preparation and/or correction and apartment make-ready.
- Complete appropriate paperwork related to maintenance, including time sheets, work orders, mileage logs, tenant door-hangers, and all other appropriate documentation.
- Assist Property Manager with scheduling apartment make-ready tasks with goal of turning all units within 5 days or less.
- Make regular inspections of grounds, buildings, plumbing, electrical, fixtures, appliances, and major equipment; phone in work orders for required upkeep as appropriate.
- Responsible for emergency maintenance on-call as assigned on rotating basis.
- Represent PPL at all times in a professional, courteous manner, including neatness and cleanliness in the Maintenance uniform. Maintain positive, professional resident relations at all times.
- 1+ years of experience in property maintenance including HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing and appliance repair preferred but willing to train the right individual
- Boilers license preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record as determined by our insurance carrier, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation
- Must be comfortable working with diverse populations
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Must provide minimum basic tools such as hammer, screw drivers, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, technical or vocational training preferred.
- 1+ years property management maintenance, construction, or other closely related field preferred
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties satisfactory
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $16-$22/hrs., DOQ
Schedule: M-F, 16-20/hrs. Negotiable.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.