Accepting Applications Until 8/17/2018
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
Due to a recent expansion of PPL’s Employment Training Program, PPL is seeking a self-driven, passionate individual to join our Career Center team as an Employment Specialist. This position will be located out of our West Broadway Ave location in Minneapolis.
The Employment Specialist will be responsible for providing individualized career counseling services for adults looking to improve, update, or gain new employment skills through the WIOA Adult program. This role will work with an active caseload of approximately 45 people.
PPL strives to create long-term stability for the individuals in our communities. The most effective way to promote long-term self-reliance is by stabilizing the economics of a household. When we stabilize a household economically, we help set the stage for long-term success. Through PPL’s employment training programs, participants are able to build employment skills that will put them on the path to a career.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct intakes, orientations, and/or informational sessions for potential participants.
• Provide 1:1 job retention services for participants placed through employment services.
• Attend partner meetings and provide program updates.
• Provide intervention and referrals to participants on work-related issues.
• Assist with marketing and recruitment services to promote employment services.
• Maintain accurate and timely case notes for all participants, including reporting at specified intervals using various online databases such as CTK Apricot and Workforce One.
• Maintain strong partnerships with City of Mpls and Workforce Centers and provide creative program design and direction suggestions as needed as well as program status updates.
• Meet weekly with Employment Technology Manager to provide updates, consults and reports as needed.
• Maintain professional communication with participants, partners and co-workers.
• Assist in coordinating and implementing program changes, meetings and events as needed.
• Participate in Placement and Retention meetings with other Employment Specialists.
• BA/BS degree in related field (additional experience may substitute for education)
• 2+ years’ experience in Employment Services or other closely related field.
• Strong desire to serve adults with employment barriers and diverse cultures.
• Knowledge of community programs and resources for participants with barriers to employment.
• Strong computer and database skills/willingness to learn these skills.
• Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently but also within a team environment.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of current insurance, a good driving record as determined by our insurance carrier, and a reliable vehicle.
Benefits: Benefits will include Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.