Property Manager-Touchstone & Downtown View
Accepting Applications Until 9/28/2018
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
The Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation and oversight of two Minneapolis properties: Touchstone Rising Cedar and Downtown View. In partnership with Touchstone Mental Health and YouthLink, Touchstone Rising Cedar and Downtown View provide 87 units of supportive housing to for youth ages 18-24 coming from homelessness and living with Serious and Persistent Mental Health (SPMI).
This portfolio operates with a number of layered subsidy programs that this position will be responsible for the completion and oversight of income certification and other compliance-related tasks for Housing Tax Credits, HOME, GRH, Project-Based Section 8, and Hennepin County Subsidy Programs.
Other responsibilities will include tasks and/or oversight in the following areas
- Leasing & orientation of new residents
- Rent and/or subsidy collection
- Facilities management
- Non-maintenance contracting
- Site inspections
- Financial reporting/budgeting
- Front desk management and scheduling
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position will be responsible for supervising a team of 8-10 front desk staff, 1-2 full-time Assistant Property Managers, and a Maintenance Technician. The hiring and oversight of caretakers, work study students and maintenance interns as needed.
- Excellent, culturally appropriate, communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving ability
- Financial analysis skills
- Knowledge of working with populations facing multiple barriers to finding and keeping housing
- Knowledge of low-income housing funding mechanisms including operating subsidy programs
- Familiarity with supportive-housing environments
- Strong professional boundaries
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record as determined by our insurance carrier, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation.
Education and/or Experience
- One to three years of experience in Property Management including compliance, budgeting, and/or financial reporting basics
- Post-secondary education preferred but not required
- Non-profit work experience preferred
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties satisfactory
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $21.00-$22.50/hr., DOQ
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.