Human Resources Generalist
Accepting Applications Until 11/02/19
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission.
The Human Resource Generalist will assist the Director of Human Resources and the Human Resources Supervisor in the day-to-day needs of the human resources department. This position will assist with payroll, benefit management, recruitment, onboarding, training, and reporting/clerical tasks to ensure the efficient operations of the HR function within PPL. This role will be a detail-orientated position that requires organization, prioritization, and accuracy skills.
PPL’s mission is to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services. PPL strives to be an equitable and inclusive organization committed to elevating the voices of the communities we serve who are disproportionately affected by systemic inequities. For 40 years, PPL has worked to disrupt poverty, inequity, and to create long-term stability for individuals and communities.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Utilizing ADP Workforce Now payroll system process bi-weekly payroll including data entry, new hire information, salary adjustments, employee deductions, and garnishments. Transmits payroll to vendor and review payroll for accuracy.
- Partners with the Finance Department in payroll processing including labor allocations, cost number generation, and setting up new grant funding sources for employees.
- Assists with online time and attendance system; reviews employee hours worked, PTO, holidays, etc. for completeness and accuracy.
- Keeps abreast of the payroll processing system and changes in wage and tax laws.
- Serves as a point of contact for changes and enhancements to Human Resource Information System (HRIS) that support payroll functionality, benefit plan administration, performance management, and recruitment portals.
- Maintains HRIS by conducting regular audits for data integrity.
- Administers enrollment and servicing of employee benefit plans including: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403(b) Plan and COBRA coverage.
- Prepares 403(b) contribution spreadsheet each payroll.
- Assist with ACA requirement compliance, COBRA, etc.
- Assist with set-up and tracking of annual open enrollment for benefit plans.
- Audit benefit sites and invoices for accuracy. Reconcile monthly benefit invoices and make corrections as needed.
- Assists with job postings, review resumes, and schedule interviews.
- Assists at job fairs, networking events and community events.
- Assists in preparing offer letters, conducting background checks, and setting up new employee orientations.
- Assists in sourcing job board, social media and professional networking sites to identify and develop job applicant pools.
- Assists with new hire orientations, new hire paperwork, and new employee tours as needed.
- Assist with entering new employees into the HRIS system.
- Prepare new employee files.
- Conducts new drivers van training including the driving of a 15-passenger van.
- Assists in setting up the annual training schedule.
- Tracks and enters all company training into the HRIS system.
Reporting & Clerical
- Prepares reports as requested by managers and leaders across PPL, including headcount, turnover, training, and other metric driven ad hoc reports.
- Provides clerical and administrative support and assistance including data entry, filing, mailings, coding invoices and other duties as assigned.
- Provides employment verifications as requested.
- Assists with other projects and/or duties as assigned and directed.
- Experience in payroll processing and benefits administration with a mid to large employer preferred.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information in a professional manner.
- Self-starter and self-directed, ability to work independently on assigned projects.
- Good communication, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Dependable, responsible, flexible, and patient.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to daily operational needs in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record as determined by our insurance carrier, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation.
Minimum Technology Qualifications
- One to two years of payroll processing preferably in ADP Workforce Now and administering benefits with a variety of vendor sites preferred.
- Previous experience with applicant tracking, payroll, timecard, or HRIS systems.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or a related field. Experience may substitute for education.
- 1-3 years of experience within an office environment, preferably within a human resources department.
Benefits: Benefits will include Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $20.00-$23.00/hr., DOQ
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.