Assistant Property Manager-Southeast Properties
Accepting Applications Until 1/11/19
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
For over 40 years, PPL has created housing and stabilized neighborhoods by working with nonprofit partners, neighborhood groups, and agencies to build or renovate nearly 2,000 affordable housing units. Today, PPL owns or manages a portfolio of more than 1,400 units of affordable or supportive housing throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
The Assistant Property Manager will assist the Property Manager with the day-to-day operation and oversight of our Southeast Minneapolis Portfolio. These properties provide permanent, affordable housing for families and individuals, some of whom have experienced homelessness and/or are living with a disability or other significant barrier to stable housing.
This position offers valuable experience to applicants interested in pursuing a career in Property Management or to those that are just starting out in their career and are looking for opportunities to improve their Property Management skills and knowledge.
Other responsibilities will include tasks and/or oversight in the following areas:
- leasing & orientation of new residents
- rent and/or subsidy collection
- facilities management
- non-maintenance contracting
- site inspections
- financial reporting/budgeting and compliance
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record as determined by our insurance carrier, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation.
Education and/or Experience
- One to two years of experience in general customer service, property management, office support or another closely related field
- Post-secondary education preferred but not required
- Experience in Property Management a plus, but not necessary to apply
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties satisfactory
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $16.50-17.50/hr., DOQ
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.