Accepting Applications Until 4/26/2019
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
The Employment Specialist will be responsible for providing classroom-based instruction and employment coaching/placement services to Train to Work Healthcare participants. The Train to Work Healthcare program teaches participants employment skills, medical terminology/electronic health records, as well as computer and office training. Once graduated, the Employment Specialist will assist graduates with placement and retention of a job in the healthcare field.
The Employment Specialist will also be responsible for collaborating with education partners and assisting participants in the Healthcare Plus Career Pathways program. The Healthcare Plus program is a unique opportunity for participants to job shadow at local hospitals as well as receive one-on-one support as they worked towards their goals of self-sufficiency and stability.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Train program participants on developing work readiness and life skills and provide ongoing one-on-one coaching and support.
• Create and maintain the following paperwork: course syllabus, teaching schedules, room scheduling, guest speakers, program evaluations, daily participant evaluations, and curriculum manual and supplements.
• Provide 12 months of one-on-one job placement and retention support for graduates.
• Assist program graduates with finding employment by scanning open postings and linking appropriate candidates to application process.
• Assist Employment Training team with program intake, assessments, and interviews, including making final candidate selections for programming.
• Support recruitment and marketing outreach efforts by reviewing marketing materials, meeting regularly with team members, working with PPL business partners, and providing additional support as needed.
• Maintain accurate and precise case notes for all participants, including reporting on graduates at specified intervals using various online databases such as CTK and Salesforce.
• Complete an Employment Plan for participants including placement verification documentation.
• Provide on-going support and direction to participants in achieving work performance goals and handling problems as they arise, including providing intervention and referrals as needed.
• Complete participant evaluations and performance reviews.
• Establish and maintain relationships with various business partners, educational facilities, area job training agencies, and other relevant referral or resource providers.
• Coordinate job shadowing internships, computer lessons, financial literacy classes and mock interviewers.
• Maintain professional communications with program participants, employers, and co-workers.
• Effectively interface with established employer partners in order to grow and maintain employment relationships via phone, in-person, and/or email in order to secure job placements, internships, and/or training opportunities for graduates.
• Work collaboratively with the Associate Director of Employment Training, Income Support staff and Financial Coaches to successfully integrate financial literacy and coaching services.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving, and organizational skills.
• Strong desire to serve diverse cultures and adults with barriers.
• Ability to work independently or as a team member.
• Reliable transportation.
• Familiarity with employment services and training programs related to various industries.
• Experience with facilitating/training workshops and/or crowds.
Education & Experience:
• BA/BS degree in Human Services or related field.
• 1-2 years’ experience in Employment Services and/or Healthcare Industry, or other related field.
Benefits: Benefits will include Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.