Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services. PPL has deepened it strategy around diversity, equity and inclusion. An internal and external racial equity framework was developed that undergrounds our work as an employer, community partner, and service provider. This is a rewarding career opportunity with a premier “go to” nonprofit known for its work and driving results that build stable families and strong communities.
Use your skills and passion for positive change at PPL, a Twin Cities’ leading affordable housing and career readiness nonprofit. This unique position within PPL’s Development & External Affairs Department blends database support, grant writing, and administration on behalf of our Grants program. Get hands-on experience in these areas and build your professional network working at a high-capacity, results-driven organization.
- Work directly in Raiser’s Edge (PPL’s contact management database) to assist with grants data entry.
- Assist in the creation of a grants data dashboard and tracking analytics.
- Develop grants data analysis systems that optimize efficiency and quality.
- Help submit small grant requests with support and complete grant acknowledgment letters when awards are made.
- Support Grants team in proposal submissions, such as editing proposals, organizing attachments, and reviewing grant packages.
- Organize grant writing resources and files.
- Conduct grant prospect research.
- Additional duties as assigned to support the Development & External Affairs team and further the PPL mission.
- Interested in mission-driven work.
- Strong professional writing and editing skills, ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced skills in Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Experience with data entry and/or databases.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with creating visuals and infographics preferred.
- Self-starter and self-directed with the ability to work independently on assigned projects.
- Professional growth opportunity for individuals interested in fields related to professional writing, nonprofit management, data sciences/evaluation, and fund development.
- Gain practical experience in database administration and grant writing for a large multi-service nonprofit.
- Training, guidance, and mentoring from experienced professionals.
- Career development experiences may include trainings, workshops, team meetings, and events, and can be tailored to the intern’s goals and field of study.
- Paid internship.
Schedule: 10-15 hours per week for 6+ months, weekday business hours
Hourly Wage: $14.50/hour
Application Process: The process includes an interview, references, and a background check for final candidates. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Project for Pride in Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.