Maintenance Technician II- Temporary
Accepting application until filled.
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
PPL is in search of a Maintenance Technician II to join its Property Management Team. This role is responsible for keeping PPL properties up to standards; this includes performing repairs, completing preventative maintenance, preparing units, and assisting in the improvement of PPL properties.
This is a temporary position working 40 hours per week.
The selected candidate will drive between assigned properties to provide ongoing general maintenance repairs and implement preventive maintenance to safeguard the asset’s physical structure and fixtures.
For over 40 years, PPL has created housing and stabilized neighborhoods by working with nonprofit partners, neighborhood groups, and agencies to build or renovate nearly 2,000 affordable housing units. Today, PPL owns or manages a portfolio of more than 1,400 units of affordable or supportive housing throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
A detail job description is available upon request or when selected for the next phase of the hiring process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all assigned work orders within a reasonable time.
- Continually monitor and improve curb appeal of assigned properties.
- Inspect properties.
- Prepare buildings and/or apartments for inspections.
- Use cell phone app to log hours and work done on each job.
- Complete building repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Prepare vacant units for move-in.
- Participate in rotation of on call emergency maintenance as scheduled.
- Meet with vendors and inspectors as needed for regular building maintenance and inspections.
- Must be comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Must provide minimum basic tools.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, twist, kneel, and communicate.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-75 pounds.
- Must have valid driver’s license with good driving record and own vehicle with proof of auto insurance.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, technical or vocational training preferred.
- Boilers’ license required.
- Must have a proven record of technical competency and workmanship.
- Must be reliable and professional.
- Must have proven ability to work efficiently.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in residential building maintenance, including drywall, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, tile, screen and window repair, and appliance repair is preferred.
Salary: $20.00-$22.00/hr., DOQ (Not benefits eligible)
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
How to Apply: Qualified candidates can apply online with a cover letter and resume.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.