Accepting applications until filled.
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative, affordable housing and employment readiness services.
PPL is in search of a talented Financial Analyst to support the finance team in the day-to-day budget planning, financial analysis and consultation, financial reporting, contract management, and general accounting functions. The Financial Analyst provides financial management assistance to PPL programs.
The ideal Financial Analyst has experience working with financial statements, general ledgers, and accounting software and principles. The preferred candidate has a problem-solving aptitude, is flexible, and works well as part of a team. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with persons of diverse racial-ethnic, social-economic, religious, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and or health-related backgrounds; and is a reliable self-starter who can work independently with minimum supervision.
Now is a great time to join our growing team of Finance professionals as we work to ensure PPL’s financial sustainability and strength.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with coordination of the annual budget process
- Provides analytical support regarding financial trends, performance metrics, and forecasting
- Generates and analyzes financial reports as required on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to ensure PPL’s financial management team, department leaders, and executive leadership understand and are up-to-date on the organization’s financial performance
- Answers financial questions from program staff by researching and interpreting data
- Supports program accounting closing process including financial statement review, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Reviews income statements for individual grants and other funding streams, ensuring costs are qualified for the applicable grant and generating monthly billings to grantors
- Accurately records journal entry transactions into the general ledger
- Assists with other projects as assigned
No supervisory responsibility.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 2-5-years of experience in financial accounting, analysis, reporting, or budgeting preferred; or a combination of education and experience;
- Strong Excel skills, proficient in other Microsoft Office applications;
- Aptitude for problem-solving by assessing situations, collecting and analyzing information, and proposing effective solutions;
- Understanding of financial statements, general ledgers, and accounting software systems;
- Ability to develop financial materials that are easily understandable to a variety of audiences;
- Proficiency with technology and the ability to recognize and take advantage of software features and enhancements;
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills;
- Willingness and commitment to engage in and dedicate time to developing personal cultural competency;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment;
- Flexibility with changes in work responsibilities;
- General knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
A detailed job description is available upon request or when selected for the next phase of the hiring process.
The process includes phone screens and in-person interviews, reference, and background checks for final candidates. PPL strives to be an equitable and inclusive organization committed to elevating the voices of the communities we serve, those who are disproportionately affected by systemic inequities. Persons of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates can apply online via this link https://www.ppl-inc.org/careers. Include a cover letter and resume.
Employer-sponsored Health & Dental insurance plans; employer-paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, and parental Leave; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match; Summer half-day Fridays; and an impactful presence in an organization that makes a difference in many lives.
Salary/Wage: $50-60,000.00, DOQ
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.