Maintenance Technician I (3 Positions)
Accepting applications until filled.
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative, affordable housing and employment readiness services.
PPL is looking for a Maintenance Technician I to join our Property Management Team. This role is responsible for providing and performing maintenance tasks such as preventative maintenance, preparing units, and assisting in improvements on PPL properties, buildings, and grounds.
For over 40 years, PPL has created housing and stabilized neighborhoods by working with nonprofit partners, neighborhood groups, and agencies to build or renovate nearly 2,000 affordable housing units. Today, PPL owns or manages a portfolio of more than 1,400 units of affordable or supportive housing throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Satisfy service requests promptly and efficiently as determined by assigned work orders, and as directed by the Regional Maintenance Supervisor, following PPL policies and procedures, with high orientation to customer service.
- Perform work orders for preventive maintenance, inspection preparation, and correction and apartment make-ready.
- Complete appropriate paperwork related to maintenance, including timesheets, work orders, mileage logs, tenant door-hangers, and all other relevant documentation.
- Assist Property Manager with scheduling apartment make-ready tasks to turn all units within five days or less.
- Make regular inspections of grounds, buildings, plumbing, electrical, fixtures, appliances, and significant equipment; phone in work orders for required upkeep as appropriate.
- Responsible for emergency maintenance on-call as assigned on a rotating basis.
- Represent PPL at all times in a professional, courteous manner, including neatness and cleanliness in the maintenance uniform. Maintain positive, professional resident relations at all times.
- High school diploma/GED, technical or vocational training preferred
- Experience in residential maintenance preferred
- Experience with general maintenance and repairs including drywall, plumbing, electrical, tile, screen, and window repair, and appliance repair preferred
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties satisfactory
- 1+ years of experience in property maintenance including HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing and appliance repair preferred but willing to train the right individual
- Boilers license preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record as determined by our insurance carrier, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation
- Must be comfortable working with diverse populations
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Must provide minimum essential tools such as a hammer, screwdrivers, etc.
A detailed job description is available upon request or when selected for the next phase of the hiring process.
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Paid Parental Leave; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match; Summer half-day Fridays; an impactful presence in an organization that makes a difference in many lives.
Salary: $17.00-$18.00/hr., DOQ
How to Apply: The process includes phone screens and in-person interviews, reference, and background checks for final candidates. PPL strives to be an equitable and inclusive organization committed to elevating the voices of the communities we serve those who are disproportionately affected by systemic inequities. Persons of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates can apply online via this link https://www.ppl-inc.org/careers. Include a cover letter and resume. Questions about the position can be sent to email@example.com.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.