Manager of Annual Fund and Special Events
Accepting applications until filled.
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need to survive and thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative, affordable housing and employment readiness services.
PPL is in search of a talented people-person to manage its annual fundraising and special events efforts. The Manager of Annual Fund and Special Events is responsible for annual campaign solicitation, event planning and execution, and donor stewardship and recognition. This position requires a donor-centric brand building mentality. The ideal individual will carry out innovative, budget-conscious strategies around direct–mail and marketing. They will have successful revenue-driven, event planning experience - both small and large scale functions, and will execute timely, donor-centric recognition and stewardship for PPL donors. This position requires someone with strong project management skills and the ability to collaborate across the organization.
- Develop and execute an integrated donor relations program utilizing established donor segments.
- Establish and execute donor stewardship plan tracking processes regarding acknowledgment, recognition, communications, and continued cultivation of past and current donors.
- Facilitate multiple individuals giving appeals throughout the year. Create campaign themes, coordinate mailings, track internal deadlines, and connect with volunteers for successful campaign completion.
- Plan and coordinate our three fundraising events: 1) PPL's Annual Breakfast to include recruiting table hosts, soliciting sponsorships, managing vendors, and handling all venue logistics; 2) Fashion with a Passion, an event to support the work of PPL's Ready for Success program, to include soliciting sponsorships, supporting volunteer committee and all logistics related to the venue; and 3)the PPL Classic Golf Tournament to include soliciting sponsorships, recruiting foursomes, managing silent auction volunteer committee, and handling all logistics related to a golf event.
- Develop strategies and opportunities for occasional smaller donor events with a focus on donor acquisition and cultivation.
- Access and enter donor data into Raiser's Edge; work closely with Financial and Database Analyst to ensure data accuracy.
- Team with the Director of Development, Development Associate, and Communications Manager to support social media and other communication activities, mainly focused on donor engagement.
- Team with Director of Development to execute Employee Giving Campaign for PPL staff.
- Attend community events and respond to requests for presentations to build awareness about PPL's work to cultivate and strengthen relationships with potential donors.
- Execute web-based fundraising efforts that enhance donor and prospect connectivity to, knowledge of, and involvement in PPL activities and programs.
- Manage donor files and maintain confidentiality.
- Work with development staff to facilitate overall fundraising activities.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but experience in fundraising, special event planning, communications, or a related field, or equivalent is valued.
- 2-3 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising and event planning, or related activities.
- Knowledge of fundraising processes of nonprofit organizations.
- Excellent organizational skills to develop planning processes and accountabilities.
- Ability to orchestrate fundraising events, working with vendors and staff.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced fundraising department.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as an independent, self-motivated staff member.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel. Commitment to and aptitude towards data management is necessary;
- Experience using Blackbaud Raiser's Edge for donor tracking and relationship management. Awareness of and interest in online fundraising and web-based relationship/community building.
A detailed job description is available upon request or when selected for the next phase of the hiring process.
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Paid Parental Leave; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match; Summer half-day Fridays; an impactful presence in an organization that makes a difference in many lives.
Salary: $52,000-$55,000/yr, DOQ
Temporary remote work during COVID-19 pandemic.
How to Apply: The process includes phone screens and in-person interviews, reference, and background checks for final candidates. PPL strives to be an equitable and inclusive organization committed to elevating the voices of the communities we serve, those who are disproportionately affected by systemic inequities. Persons of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates can apply online via this link https://www.ppl-inc.org/careers. Include a cover letter and resume. Questions about the position can be sent to email@example.com.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm all newly hired employees' identity and employment authorization.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.