Accepting applications until filled.
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative, affordable housing and employment readiness services.
PPL is in search of an experienced Inspection Specialist to join its Property Management team. The Inspection Specialist coordinates and conducts inspections to ensure health and safe living conditions for residents living in PPL properties.
The ideal candidate will have experience providing pest control inspections in a residential environment, including bed bug prevention, treatment coordination, and tenant education. Have experience with construction and property maintenance and is HQS certified. The preferred candidate is comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Now is a great time to join our growing team of property management professionals as we increase housing production, strengthen resident stability through supportive services, and cultivate and implement an effective housing management strategy.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
Coordinate PPL's pest control program, which includes but is not limited to:
- Receive resident generated pest complaints from property management staff.
- Coordinate treatment date and time with pest control vendor.
- Forward treatment schedule and preparation instructions to the resident.
- Notify residents of any secondary treatment schedule.
- Provide tenant education on bedbug prevention and preparation for treatment.
- Ensure tenant has necessary supplies for treatment preparation.
- Pre-inspect the unit for readiness 24 hours before scheduled treatment.
- Conduct bi-annual pest control inspections and provide tenants with ongoing pest control education.
Conduct all Housing Quality Inspections on units as required.
- Coordinate and conduct inspections as required for HUD approval.
- Document unit condition per HUD-approved inspection template.
- Perform follow up for failed inspections with documentation as required.
- Provide PPL maintenance staff with information that can improve future inspection results.
Coordinate and conduct Asset Management inspections on a bi-annual basis.
- In coordination with pest control bi-annual inspections, expand inspection activities to include unit status based on established asset management needs.
- Work with PPL management to determine critical aspects of the Asset Management categories, such as maintenance of equipment and fixed assets in the unit, condition of floor coverings, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC needs, and any deferred or routine maintenance needs.
- Communicate the results of the asset management inspection to the appropriate PPL staff and management.
A detailed job description is available upon request or when selected for the next phase of the hiring process.
This position does supervise others
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in construction and or property maintenance.
- Must be HQS Certified.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in pest control inspections
- Must demonstrate extensive knowledge in bed bug prevention, treatment coordination, and tenant education
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and special communication needs.
- Must have excellent coordination and recordkeeping skills and familiar with Microsoft.
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Paid Parental Leave; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match; Summer half-day Fridays; an impactful presence in an organization that makes a difference in many lives.
Salary: $51,000.00/yr., DOQ
Qualified candidates can apply online via this link https://www.ppl-inc.org/careers. Include a cover letter and resume. The hiring process includes phone screens and in-person interviews, references, and background checks for final candidates. PPL strives to be an equitable and inclusive organization committed to elevating the voices of the communities we serve those who are disproportionately affected by systemic inequities. Persons of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm all newly hired employees' identity and employment authorization.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.