Accepting applications until filled.
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need to survive and thrive. We are eager to welcome new team members dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative, affordable housing and employment readiness services.
PPL is in search of a talented Communications Coordinator to join its Development & External Affairs (DEX) team. The Communications Coordinator actively engages key stakeholders through education, awareness, and advocacy of PPL, its programs, and initiatives. In collaboration with the Communications Director, this position is responsible for content creation across a variety of communications channels. In addition, the Communications Coordinator will assist with the planning and execution of events that connect and engage community members to the organization’s mission.
The ideal candidate will have proven project management, writing, and copyediting skills, experience with social media, graphic design, and event management support, and a proven ability to be organized, detail-oriented, respectful of deadlines, and work cooperatively with team members to contribute, generate and execute new ideas in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinate PPL’s social media communications, including the creation of a social media editorial calendar, research of new and alternative ways to leverage online activity, and metric tracking.
- Manage content creation and implementation of PPL’s bi-monthly e-newsletter, including regularly observing program areas and interviewing residents, participants, and staff to increase the role of storytelling in PPL communications.
- Assist in coordination and execution of events, including participant recognition and donor cultivation events.
- Write and design event communication materials for both cultivation and fundraising events, including design concepts, invitations, signage, and program materials.
- Co-manage internal communications requests with the Communications Director.
- Create multimedia content, including videos, photos, and podcasts, for digital communications.
- Maintain PPL’s website, keeping content relevant and up-to-date.
- Support PPL’s work and mission by accepting tasks for special projects, internal committees, etc.
- Support PPL program staff in creating brand-aligned marketing materials targeting program participants and/or volunteers.
- Perform related administrative duties. Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but experience in communications, event planning, a related field, or equivalent is valued.
- 2-3 years of experience with writing, communications, event management, or related field.
- Microsoft Office; familiarity with graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite preferred or Canva), website content management systems, Constant Contact, and Mailchimp.
- Exposure to social media accounts across multiple platforms (PPL utilizes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube), and monitoring metrics.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with AP Style is a must.
- Excellent organizational skills to develop planning processes and accountabilities.
- Ability to orchestrate events, working with vendors, volunteers, committees, guests, and staff.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced department.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as an independent, self-motivated staff member.
- A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and a clean driving record as determined by our insurance carrier.
A detailed job description is available upon request or when selected for the next phase of the hiring process.
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Paid Parental Leave; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match; Summer half-day Fridays; an impactful presence in an organization that makes a difference in many lives.
Salary: $42,000-$45,000/yr, DOQ
Flexibility for some remote work is available during COVID-19, but you may need to go on-site from time to time. Safety measures are in place at all PPL sites.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates can apply online via this link https://www.ppl-inc.org/careers. Include a cover letter and resume. Questions about the position can be sent to email@example.com. The hiring process includes phone screens and in-person interviews, references, and background checks for final candidates. PPL strives to be an equitable and inclusive organization committed to elevating the voices of the communities we serve, those who are disproportionately affected by systemic inequities. Persons of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm all newly hired employees' identities and employment authorization.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.