Senior Human Resources Generalist
Accepting applications until filled
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose person-centered approach to services ensures individuals and families receive the housing and ecosystem of support they need to achieve greater stability now and for the next generation. We are eager to welcome new team members dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative, affordable housing and employment readiness services.
PPL has deepened it strategy around diversity, equity and inclusion. An internal and external racial equity framework was developed that undergirds our work as an employer, community partner, and service provider. This is a rewarding career opportunity with a premier “go to” nonprofit known for its work and driving results that build stable families and strong communities.
PPL strives to be an equitable and inclusive organization committed to elevating the voices of the communities we serve that are disproportionately affected by systemic inequities.
PPL has a full-time opportunity for an experienced Senior Human Resources Generalist. The Senior Human Resources Generalist will provide management support to the organization and excellent customer service in support of PPL’s mission. The Senior Human Resource Generalist acts as a liaison between employees and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations. This position is the primary contact for the recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of all new staff and will partner with the Director of Human Resources to collect and analyze human resources data and making recommendations for changes to employee compensation and training.
Utilizing a strong racial equity lens, along with PPL's Diversity Recruitment Strategy, in the execution of duties is critical to the success of this position. Those with a strong ability to collaborate, create, and cultivate relationships at multiple levels is encouraged to apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and External Outreach
- Implement procedures for sourcing and recruiting potential applicants for exempt and non-exempt positions.
- Develop relationships and community networks in order to expand connections that are needed to reach a diverse candidate base.
- Determine recruitment sources, write and post internal and external job postings, attend local college and community job fairs and leverage social media networking tools in partner with PPL’s communication department.
- In conjunction with the Director of Human Resources identify what sort of barriers are present that are hindering the acquisition of diverse talent at all levels of the organization.
- Assist managers with phone interviews and in-person interviews as needed. Develop and update interview guides for new and existing positions.
- Process candidate background and reference checks. Prepare offer letters.
- Oversee pre-employment requirements for each new staff.
- Communicate onboarding timeline with supervisors and ensure they are prepared for the new employee.
- Ensure all required internal documents are completed in preparation for employee first day (i.e. e-mail, office location, phone, computer, etc.)
- Welcome new employees’ upon their arrival.
- Facilitate employee orientation and provide them a tour of the PPL Campus.
- With onboarding process, responsible to ensure all new hire documents are created properly and then submitted to HR Generalist for final processing.
- Responsible for the bi-monthly New Employee Tour and Executive Team luncheon.
- Identify and assess training needs through interviews with employees, and/or consultation with managers and supervisors.
- Develop a comprehensive onboarding training plan with each department to ensure critical knowledge and skills are maximized to enhance the onboarding experience.
- Offer specific training programs to help employees maintain or improve job skills.
- Train new hires as well as seasoned employees.
- Plan, organize and implement a range of training activities.
- Collect feedback on training sessions from attendees to use for future improvements to content and presentation.
Back-up HR Generalist, when needed, for payroll, benefits, and compliance support.
A detailed job description is available upon request or if selected for the next phase of the hiring process.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years of human resources experience
- Any similar combination of education and experience
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Previous payroll experience preferred
- Ability to collaborate, create, and cultivate relationships at multiple levels utilizing meaningful communication.
- Represent PPL at external Job Fairs, College Fairs, Community partners, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution and analytical skills.
- Willingness and commitment to engage in and dedicate time to developing personal cultural competency.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Passion and commitment to building an inclusive and equitable work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to frequent changes.
- Ability to take initiative and to work both independently and as part of a team.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of HR practices and employment law.
- Integrated HRIS database experience preferred
Benefits: We know that your health and well-being matter, so take care of yourself and your family with PPL-sponsored health & dental insurance, employer-paid short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and paid parental leave. Voluntary life insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays. 403(b) retirement plans with employer match; well-being programs, summer half-day Fridays; and an impactful presence in an organization that makes a difference in many lives.
Salary: $60,000-$70,000/Yr., DOQ
Temporary remote work available during COVID-19, but you may need to go on-site from time to time. Safety measures are in place at all PPL sites.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates can apply online via this link https://www.ppl-inc.org/careers. Include a cover letter and resume. Our hiring process includes phone screens and in-person interviews, references, and background checks for final candidates. PPL strives to be an equitable and inclusive organization committed to elevating the voices of the communities we serve that are disproportionately affected by systemic inequities. Persons of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Questions about this and other PPL jobs can be sent to email@example.com.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm all newly hired employees' identities and employment authorization.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.