Regional Maintenance Supervisor
Accepting applications until filled.
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative, affordable housing and employment readiness services.
The Regional Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of maintenance technicians assigned to a specific portfolio, including providing on-site supervision of their daily work performance, and participating in training and professional development while working in close coordination with the Regional Property Managers to achieve the mission of the organization and support the goals of the Facilities Manager and Department Director. The Regional Maintenance Supervisor provides hands-on maintenance expertise to assist their portfolio team in the achievement of daily and periodic goals such as work order completion rate, and preparation for inspections and correction of inspection findings; may occasionally be assigned to fill-in temporarily on-site for an absent coworker. The ideal candidate has strong plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and boilers experience. The Regional Maintenance Supervisor is a hands-on leader that can effectively lead a maintenance team.
Now is a great time to join our growing team of property management professionals as we increase housing production, strengthen resident stability through supportive services, and cultivate and implement an effective housing management strategy.
A detailed job description is available upon request or when selected for the next phase of the hiring process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate daily with Regional Managers and/or Property Managers to ensure the efficient flow of information regarding work order completion status, turnovers, special projects, preventative maintenance schedules and inspections.
- Satisfy work order service requests as determined by assigned work orders, following PPL policies and procedures, with a high orientation to customer service; establish priority of work orders for Maintenance Technicians.
- Assure that the Maintenance Technicians complete appropriate electronic documentation paperwork related to maintenance, including time sheets, work orders, mileage logs, tenant notices, with appropriate back-up and all other necessary documentation.
- Oversee the coordination and completion of all apartment make-ready work, including hiring and supervision of contractors
- Supervise completeness and neatness of area maintenance shops
- Create list of property needs based on regular inspections of grounds and curb appeal, building structures, plumbing, electrical, fixtures, appliances, and major equipment;
- Provide emergency maintenance on call back-up as assigned on rotating basis;
- Represent PPL at all times in a professional, courteous manner, including neatness and cleanliness in the Maintenance uniform. Maintain positive, professional relations at all times with co-workers, residents and contractors.
- Lead a team of Maintenance Technicians;
- Assign work across the Region to meet varying needs, including workload balance, existing skillsets, and training opportunities
- Provide one-on-one training of new hires for a length of time specified by Facilities Manager.
- Assist Facilities Manager and Facilities Field Supervisor with small site project planning and oversight
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, technical or vocational training preferred.
- Boilers license required, HVAC certification preferred.
- 7 years’ experience in property maintenance, construction, or other closely related field.
- 1-2 years Supervisory or leadership experience.
- Or combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties satisfactory.
- Yardi experience desired
- Experience with general property maintenance and repairs including drywall, plumbing, electrical, flooring, screen and window and appliance repair.
- Valid drivers’ license with good driving record; own vehicle with proof of auto insurance.
- Comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral; comfortable working on computers and smartphones in the normal course of everyday business.
- Must provide minimum basic tools.
- Must show complete competency on skill evaluation (10 sections total, must pass all 10).
The process includes phone screens and in-person interviews, reference, and background checks for final candidates. Qualified candidates can apply online via this link https://www.ppl-inc.org/careers. Include a cover letter and resume.
Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Paid Parental Leave; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match; Summer half-day Fridays; an impactful presence in an organization that makes a difference in many lives.
Salary/Wage: $58,000-$64,000 annually, DOQ.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.