Administrative Assistant-Property Management Department
Accepting Applicants Until 2/23/18
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
The Administrative Assistant in our Property Management Department (PMD) will support the work of the department through processing applications and providing clerical assistance during marketing & lease-up, organizing and managing PMD’s central vendor accounts, managing the process of collecting delinquent funds, and other tasks required to support PMD.
PPL develops and sustains quality, affordable housing for lower-income families and individuals through new construction, renovation, and management. For over 40 years, PPL has created housing and stabilized neighborhoods by working with nonprofit partners, neighborhood groups, and agencies to build or renovate nearly 2,000 affordable housing units. Today, PPL owns or manages a portfolio of more than 1,300 units of affordable or supportive housing throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
Other responsibilities will include tasks in the following areas:
• Marketing & Leasing Support
o Work closely with Regional Managers and lease-up staff to maintain our marketing websites, phone lines, provide information to the public and maintain application database
• Vendor Account Management
o Maintain good working relationships with commercial account representatives, track energy usage and consumption across different portfolios, and monitor invoices
• Collections from Former Tenants
o Organize and maintain past tenant collection files, collect monthly delinquency information from Move-out Statements, prepare and send Letter of Payment Demand, initiate and track payment plans
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Must be detail orientated and accurate in work
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop strong working relationships with vendor representatives, residents and colleagues to work effectively with diverse populations
• Excellent organizational skills in a fast-paced, multi-tasking office environment
• Effectively utilize Microsoft Office Word & Excel. Prior experience with accounting and/or database software such as Yardi Voyager is a plus
• Self-motivated and sufficiently skilled to work with minimum supervision
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma/GED and two years of administrative assistant or customer service experience or an Associate’s degree and one year of administrative assistant or customer service experience
Benefits: Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $15-17/hr., DOQ
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.