Enrollment & Outreach Coordinator
Accepting Applications Until 9/28/2018
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
PPL is seeking a self-motivated and passionate individual to join our Career Center team as an Enrollment & Outreach Coordinator. This position will coordinate the outreach and recruitment of participants into PPL’s Employment Training Programs and Services. This role will assist in the determination of eligibility, selection, and enrollment of participants into a variety of employment training programs offered through PPL’s Career Center.
PPL strives to create long-term stability for the individuals in our communities. The most effective way to promote long-term self-reliance is by stabilizing the economics of a household. When we stabilize a household economically, we help set the stage for long-term success. Through PPL’s employment training programs, participants are able to build employment skills that will put them on the path to a career.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Intake and Assessments
- Provide ongoing support and assistance for current and potential participants with the next steps through the intake process including meeting with participants through scheduled or walk-in appointments.
- Connect periodically with participants using PPL’s Access Lab onsite to ensure that they are aware of all services offered by PPL.
- Conduct, schedule, and interview potential participants for enrollment into job training programs.
- Proctor skills assessment testing (TABE, Northstar Digital Literacy) in conjunction with other staff to ensure all participants are on track to enrollment.
- Coordinate outreach and recruitment efforts for PPL’s employment training programs by leading information sessions, hosting information booths at various events including job fairs, festivals, as well as community organized events to engage potential program participants and generate new outreach leads.
- Must have the ability to occasionally attend outreach events during the evening or weekends.
- Effectively handle a variety of situations requiring tact, judgment, and poise by providing excellent customer service skills.
- Periodically provide back-up coverage to the front desk of the Career Center.
- Assist in data entry of applications in PPL’s Apricot database
- Maintain accurate case notes on participants
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field (additional education may substitute for experience).
- Experience working with low income individuals/families and connecting them to community resources.
- Experience with outreach and presenting in front of large groups and/or facilitating workshops.
- Excellent verbal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Apricot, or other databases.
Benefits: Benefits will include Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.