Education Systems Reporting Specialist
Accepting Applications Until 8/17/2018
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose goal is to assist our residents and communities with the groundwork they need, not only to survive, but also to thrive. We are eager to welcome others to our team who are dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and employment readiness services.
PPL is looking for an Educational Systems Reporting Specialist to join our Education team. This position will coordinate and conduct data entry across multiple online databases, assist with process definition, collection, and reporting of program data.
PPL’s education model consists of:
- LEAP (Learn to Earn and Achieve Potential)- Focusing on youth who are homeless or highly mobile, in the juvenile justice system, or foster care, LEAP pairs the JAG and Plus programs help young people earn a secondary credential and successfully launch their career pathway.
- JAG (Jobs For America’s Graduates)- Supports young people to build career competencies that nurture critical soft skills while developing a career plan. JAG participants get a year of follow up after the program to ensure ongoing success.
- Plus Program- Funded primarily by Hennepin County, this program provides on going case coordination for youth who are county involved by helping them identify and overcome barriers and connect to critical resources.
- Step Up: PPL is one of the contractors used by the City of Minneapolis to run the Step Up youth internship program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Managing the Data of the Hennepin County Plus Program (50%)
- Coordinate enrollment and referrals of the Plus program, including securing required academic data.
- Maintain a data collection manual and provide ongoing training to Plus Case Coordinators on data collection standards.
- Coordinate with Wilder Research to ensure accurate data collection and reporting.
- Provide data at individual Plus sites to ensure progress toward contract goals
- Acquire academic data for reporting period and prepare it according to standards established by the Wilder Researcher. Collaborate with Wilder Researcher to provide the data required for the Hennepin County Dashboard.
- Develop a qualitative research agenda, including surveys (program and DAP) and focus groups.
- Develop monthly reports to the Plus Manager and Executive Board that demonstrates the ongoing health of the program.
Supporting the LEAP Program (20%)
- Manage the data files from the ENDMS database and enter appropriate data into the Workforce One Database.
- Ensure the Workforce One Database maintains in compliance with grant guidelines.
- Provide data needed for grant reporting.
- Provides support to the Young Adult Career Manager to effectively support data entry to ensure data integrity.
- Collaborate to provide employment reports for the larger JAG network.
Supporting the Step Up-PPL Partnership (20%)
- Develop a plan for and manage all of the documentation for all stages of the Step Up application process
- Manage all documentation for ongoing intern attendance and employee evaluations
- Prepare surveys and synthesize the themes in a report to help drive future work.
Emerging Education Work (10%)
- Collaborate with Education staff on emerging projects and data needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and two years of work experience in the areas of education management or systems process analysis or four years of work experience in the areas of business or systems process analysis with a non-related bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience performing data analysis and using analytical tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets).
- Demonstrated experience with databases and SQL with the ability to analyze, model, and interpret data.
- Experience working with diverse, cross-functional groups and communicating effectively with multiple types of stakeholders.
- Creative, analytical mindset that has the ability to work effectively as a member of multiple teams.
- A high level of mathematical ability, problem solving, and a methodical and logical approach.
- Must have a valid class D driver’s license, proof of current insurance, a good driving record as determined by our insurance carrier, and a reliable vehicle. The ability to pass a school site driving history and criminal background check.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating qualitative focus groups and surveys.
- Demonstrated experience with Apricot, Discovery (Minneapolis Public Schools), Quickbase, SSIS (Hennepin County), Workforce One and/or ENDMS (Jobs For America’s Graduates database.)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Experience working in a nonprofit setting and/or an understanding of the mission and challenges of Project for Pride in Living
- Demonstrated ability to present to audiences of different sizes with key visuals and data.
Benefits: Benefits will include Health & Dental; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match.
Salary: $39,000-43,680, DOQ
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.