Intake & Outreach Coordinator
Accepting application until filled.
Who We Are
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose person-centered approach to services ensures individuals and families receive the housing and ecosystem of support they need to achieve greater stability now and for the next generation. We are eager to welcome new team members dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative, affordable housing and employment readiness services. PPL strives to be an equitable and inclusive organization committed to elevating the voices of the communities we serve that are disproportionately affected by systemic inequities.
PPL is excited to be growing its enrollment and outreach services and is looking for a talented, people person with strong communication skills to join this team. This position interacts regularly with the public and often represents the first impression participants will have of the Career Center. This position is responsible for: coordinating outreach in the community and recruiting eligible participants to participate in career pathway training programs and services, assisting with eligibility determination and screening for services, intake assessments, creative marketing both online and in-person, and data entry integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing support and assistance for current and potential participants with the next steps throughout the intake process. This includes meeting with potential participants on a walk-in basis as well as through scheduled appointments.
- Screening for services through PPL’s CareerWorks and SNAP E&T funds.
- Conduct, schedule, and interview potential participants for enrollment into job training programs. Work in partnership with the training staff.
- Proctor skills assessments (TABE, Northstar Digital Literacy) in conjunction with other staff to ensure all participants are on track to enrollment.
- Provide excellent customer service in person, online, and over the phone.
- Effectively handle a variety of situations requiring tact, judgment, and poise by providing excellent customer service skills.
- Collect and enter data in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner.
- Coordinate outreach and recruitment efforts for PPL’s Career Pathway Training, both in-person and online, by leading Information Sessions, posting ads and on social media, hosting info booths at various events, including career/job fairs, festivals, as well as community-organized events to engage potential program participants and generate new outreach leads.
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends periodically.
A detailed job description is available upon request or selection for the next phase of the hiring process.
- BA/BS degree preferred in related field (additional experience may substitute for education).
- Experience with community outreach.
- Experience speaking in front of large crowds and/or facilitating workshops.
- Strong customer service and verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with, and understanding, low-income communities and diverse populations.
- Strong knowledge of community programs and resources.
- Excellent multitasking prioritization skills and attention to detail.
- Comfortable presenting to large groups.
- Effective and professional communication with program participants, co-workers, and external partners.
- Reliable transportation or valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Benefits: We know that employee health and well-being matters, so take care of yourself with PPL-sponsored health & dental insurance, employer-paid short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and paid parental leave. Voluntary life insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA.) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA.); PTO. & Paid Holidays. 403(b) retirement plans with employer match; well-being programs, summer half-day Fridays; and an impactful presence in an organization that makes a difference in many lives.
Salary: $19.23 - $20.19/hr.
Flexibility for some remote work available during COVID-19, but you may need to go on-site from time to time. Safety measures are in place at all PPL sites.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates can apply online via this link https://www.ppl-inc.org/careers. Include a cover letter and resume. Questions about the position can be sent to email@example.com.
The hiring process includes phone screens and in-person interviews, references, and background checks for final candidates. PPL strives to be an equitable and inclusive organization committed to elevating the voices of the communities we serve, those who are disproportionately affected by systemic inequities. Persons of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm all newly hired employees' identities and employment authorization.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.